With internet and social media, it has become so much easier for companies and entrepreneurs to show their brands to their desired audience. Video is fast becoming the go-to tool across social media platforms - Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, Snapchat, and of course YouTube.
Why video? Video marketing is hailed as the future of content - the most recent statistics show that it is working:
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Here are some areas where you can showcase your brand and get your message out there:
Facebook’s algorithm “Edgerank” gives high ranking to videos, and even higher to Facebook live videos. In plain English, this means it increases how many people see your content when you post a video. It’s a great opportunity to create a stronger brand awareness and forge a stronger relationship with your followers. To increase viewers, you can announce to your followers or your blog subscribers (thru email) when you’re going live - be sure to send them a link to your Facebook Page.
During the live video, engage your followers by asking them where they’re from or how was their day or ask them to comment on the things you’ve discussed. You may also answer questions that they throw in and if there aren’t any questions, it is helpful to be prepared and write any questions that people may usually ask.
After the session, you can also share the link with your list or other followers, so they can also check out your video after you’ve been live. You can edit the post to add a title, description, and keywords in the video tags portion which will optimise your video and help other users who search for these keywords.
Watch my latest Facebook Live Videos here.
YouTube channel is a great way to establish authority in your niche. When you post videos consistently, you can start to build a following. You can also showcase your knowledge with a ready-made library of content for people to view.
And you know what’s the advantage of having a YouTube channel for your business? YouTube is extremely engaging - people go to YouTube with the intention of actually watching videos, not just to scroll.
Study the numbers:
In creating your YouTube channel, remember to:
- Identify your name or your brand name
- Put a clear description of what you do.
- Tell people what they will learn with the videos you will post.
- Be SEO-ready --- use keywords for searchability
- In your About page, you can add links to your website and social media channels
- Remember to always introduce yourself in your videos.
Watch my YouTube channel here.
So now that you’re convinced and have decided to try all three strategies above, what are the things you should consider to be able to create a quality video?
- Shoot the video in an area with a nice background, where there is good lighting and very minimal background noise (if possible none at all)
- Try a microphone for clearer voice quality - poor audio will distract your viewers and ruin great information.
- Use the rule of thirds
- Video editing software can also enhance the quality. You can use Camtasia, Adobe Premier or even just YouTube editor
- Most important though, get out there and film some videos! You can work on the quality later on :)
Always bear in mind that you need to keep your videos in line with your brand strategy - the colours, fonts, and logos are the same - so that viewers will be able to recognise your business when they see the video.
Most important of all, keep an end goal in mind. Are you creating the video for awareness or to generate leads or any other reason at all? Well, there should be a purpose and means to fulfil that purpose. Sharing your knowledge and brand through a video actually brings you closer to your audience.
If you haven’t used these awesome features yet, you are missing out on a great opportunity. Go give it a try! :)
Want more info? Join my free training webinar: How to Start Your Online Business and Escape Your Job in 6 Months WITHOUT Having to Quit Your Job First - Even if You Don’t Have Time, Tech Skills or a Business Idea. Reserve your seat by clicking the image below. See you there! :)